Thursday, July 5, 2007

July 5

Some new craziness today!

We started off the morning at the police station having our fingerprints done for the FBI. Man, you just feel like such a criminal, even when the officer is super nice and helpful. It's just hte concept of it! So, we did that and DH bought the money orders we'll need to have those processed. We'll next day Fed-Ex them tomorrow.

Then, we got an email from our foreign placement agency and they sent letters we have to sign and have notarized to the state criminal agency board. So, I took mine with me when I went out this afternoon and stopped by the bank to have it notarized on the way home. After a LONG wait (everyone else was out because of the holiday week) the one notary there freed up and I got it signed and headed to the post office. Popped it in the mail, got in the car and realized, OH SHIT, i forgot to include the check. So, back to the post office to beg the clerk for help because I did NOT want to go to the bank again. Thankfully, it's a small post office and the guys there were helpful and really interested in the adoption so they helped me fish it out of hte outgoing mail, ripped it open for me and then taped it back together once I had included the check and the SASE. To talk about how nice people are, ALL of hte people in line let me cut in front not once, but TWICE when I had to run up to buy a pre-stamped envelope and then to have it taped back together. I was totally feelin' the love today, I'll tell ya!

Oh, so in other news, apparently, INS is increasing their fees as of Julyu 31, so we have to get our paperwork in for the I-600A (petition to adopt a foreign orphan) before then because of the fee increase, but mainly because everyone else is scrambling and the wait is expected to go from 3 weeks to 3 MONTHS! Ugh. Everything had been so well and now that will be a MAJOR slow down. Not much we can do, however, so we just move on.

So, here I am back at home after our adventure. My poor kid kept BEGGING me to just go home. So, we're outside playing now and I'm a dork outside with my laptop. Better go hang out with my guy!
:)

No comments: