Monday, July 23, 2007

July 23

Well, we had our INS appt today! I'm so so so so SO glad we decided to go in person rather than mailing the documents in, because we'd heard the wait to be fingerprinted can be weeks, but that's not apparently always the case if you go in person, because we're going TOMORROW! I'm REALLY hoping that means itwon't take 3 months to get our paperwork through, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

The other lesson learned is that you must ALWAYS pay for things with money orders. I paid for my state police check with a check and DH used a money order and he got his back last week and my freaking check JUST cleared. Mind you, we sent these out weeks ago. fun... So, I'm still waiting for that.

Otherwise, we're ALMOST done with our dossier. We'll be submitting the last few papers tomorrow, so that's super exciting! yahoo!!!!!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! Just read your posts. (Found you from FRUA) You have had a busy month. Glad it's almost done. And I hope it doesn't take long for INS to approve you.

What age range are you requesting?

mom2themoose said...

Debbie - Glad you've found me! We're hoping to adopt two children younger than DS. He's currently 30 months old, so we requested two up to 33 months, figuring he'll easily be that age by the time we get a referral. Hope it all works out!