Friday, December 7, 2007

December 7

So, I'm starting to really feel anxious about waiting. I really thought the waiting would be teh easy part, but it's a LOT harder than I had expected. It's so emotionally draining. While we were occupied with teh paperwork, it was easy to just assume that waiting had to be easier than the paperchase, but now, I actually sort of miss the insanity. I'm so terrified that something will go wrong and suddenly we'll have a three year old only child, which was never, ever part of the plan. I just want things to hurry up and happen before there are any more changes because I'm always afraid that something will change and we'll lose the basket we've put all of our eggs into. I just look at my sweet boy and think about how much I can't wait to give him a sibling. I'm so glad we're going this route, so he'll have siblings close in age to play with. They'll really grow up together and that's fantastic, if we can just GET THEM HERE!

We heard from our agency the other day and they assume it will be Spring before we hear. There are pluses and minuses to that. We'll have time to finish the house (if we can ever get the frickin electrician to get his butt back here), we'll be traveling during better weather, and DS will be that much older and more equipped to handle two long haul flights. Still... Spring seems so far away as we are just now starting to really hit winter. So, keep us in your thoughts during these long (okay, so they're actually pretty short at this time of year!) days that all will go well when the time comes.
:)

2 comments:

Deb said...

The wait is never easy. I'm glad they think you might hear some news of referrals in the spring.

Try to find some things to keep yourself busy. Adoption Today magazine (you can read it online I think) has an article on stuff to do during the wait this month. Check it out and try to stay busy.

I hope everything goes as you planned.

Lauren & Cupcake said...

Just found yoru blog from Deb's blog.

How exciting.

Looking forward to following yoru journey!

Lauren AKA Cupcake's Mom