Thursday, October 25, 2007

October 25

Waiting, waiting waiting...

I really believed that the moment our dossier was accepted, my entire stress level would disappear. I felt that surely waiting couldn't be stressful - afterall, what is there to actually DO when waiting? Man... Slap me. I keep OBSESSING over the whens and the hows and the what ifs. I'm SOOOOOO anxious! I really can not wait and at the same time, I'm completely terrified! Our entire life is going to change and it's going to be VERY hard for a time - yes, I do know that for everyone who likes to remind me. It's going to be so hard I'll probably not remember much of it later (kind of like the first three months with a newborn!). Still. I can't wait. I just know we're going to end up with the children we're meant to have. I just want to meet them. It kills me knowing they're literally growing up across teh world without me and I don't even know who they are yet. So, I say it again, seriously, slap me.
*sigh*

2 comments:

Deb said...

Wait! It's become one of those dreaded 4 letter words in our house.
And I've learned a whole new level of patience and faith.

Don't stress about the stuff to come when the adoption is complete. Take it all one step at a time. That's the only way I've made it this far. Well, that and reading everything I can get my hands on about adoption.
Hope your wait is short.

junglemama said...

It will happen. If it is in one week, in one month, or in one year, it will have felt like you were waiting for so long. That's just how waiting is.

Hoping that day comes sooner rather than later. God Bless.