Sunday, October 21, 2007

October 21

Sorry I've been so lax with teh updates. I spent the last week as a single mom who felt like I'd been run over by a freight train! Now, DH is home and I'm on antibiotics for my sinus infection and i'm MUCH better!

So, I also partially didn't post much while DH was gone because I didn't want to advertise on a public blog that I was a woman home alone - I know, call me paranoid, but what can I say.

Anyway, so, we got a call two days before DH left for Russia that one of the regions had closed to new dossier submissions because it had gotten backlogged. So, he was on his way for only one region, which was a bummer, because he had to sit in one region for 5 days for one half hour appointment. Anyway, so he left on Saturday and arrived in Russia on Sunday afternoon. He spent Sun-Tues vegging in his hotel room. He walked around the region and checked it out. He had his appointment at 9AM Wednesday morning and called me at 2AM my time to let me know that we were in teh book, but there was a glitch. I had to send in a power of attorney letter IMMEDIATELY. We hadn't known we had to do that, so I had to get that to our regional coordinator ASAP. I was up and doing it at 9AM, but still freaking out because it was technically not going to make it until the next business day because of the time difference. Still, it was accepted and life was good. We're in the book and we're officiallly waiting for our referral!

It was a very nerve wracking experience and a very exhausting experience for my DH who not only did all of the travel himself, but had to deal with it as a Celiac, not able to eat any gluten and in a country where he doesn't speak/read teh language to know for sure what is and isn't okay. Needless to say, he didn't eat much, poor guy.

So, life is good. I kept saying I'd stop stressing once we were officially waiting, but now that we're here, I'm FREAKING! I can't wait!!!!! How will I manage to not lose my mind for the next 3-6 months? Crikey!

Anyway, gotta fly. Hope everyone is doing well. We're SO ready to bring our kids home!
:)

No comments: