Saturday, August 25, 2007

August 25

Well, we've hit our first minor delay. It's a bummer, but we're TRYING to remember that it's probably happening for a reason and things really need to happen in their own time. Still, it's a bummer. Looks like DH will be heading to Russia most likely in October now. We didn't realize how important or time sensitive the request was and it took us a few days longer than it should have to get it back, so it's in Russia now, but it doesn't look like there's any chance we could get invited for September. So, it's really only a one month delay - which to other people who've waited many months, that's nothing, but it's still a bummer for us. Things are looking like they might getmoving again with agency accreditations, which is great for most people, but not great for us. We're going as independents, so we had hoped to beat the rush and this delay means we likely willl not. Again, I need to remember that things happen for a reason, and maybe this means there's a child who wil come off the registry JUST in time for us or something, but I'm still stressed about it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens! I know I'll relax when our papers are there and we're officially waiting. Waiting to wait is stressful. Once we're on the list, I know the next call will be "the call", right now I just wish we could hurry up and get our papers there!!!!! I know plenty of people understand that feeling! We'll know more once we get our travel date, but for now, we wait...


Oh, I almost forgot our other thing. I now smell a LOT like maple syrup!!! I've started taking fenugreek and pumping again in preparation for our adoption! Since I breastfed DS for nearly two years, I realized it was something I really wanted our adopted children to have also. I know they'll likely be too old to ever actually be put to breast, but I'd like them to have the benefits of breastmilk, especially since they've likely never had the protections and antibodies it offers. So, I'll be pumping and feeding them! I'm hoping it will also help with bonding since it comes from my body. I just think it will be wonderful to know that no matter how we had our children, through birth or adoption, they will be connected to me through my milk. I'm excited! I'm a little nervous, though, to mess with my prolactin since it was already an issue, but hopefully all will be well. I've never really fully stopped getting some milk, but I've been able to go from a couple of drops to a short stream. Hopefully we'll be getting ounces by the tiem the adoption is here! Woohoo!

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, Mel! that's great that you are pumping and starting to get more milk! sorry about the delay in your paperwork. hopefully you'll be on the waiting list soon! xo