Monday, January 28, 2008

January 28

I was tagged by Jenn

I'm not sure if I linked back correctly, this is my first time trying. Thanks so much for the tag, and thanks for still reading while my updates have been infrequent and boring. :)

The rules are:
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag at least three other people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the fun begin

Okay, so here are my six things!

1. I positively love zombie movies. I also love vampires, but prefer vampire books, because the movies are usually cheesy. Zombies, though, the movies are perfect cheese. They know it, so they don't take themselves too seriously. The best, of course, is Shaun of the Dead, but I love all of them!

2. I can juggle, and used to actually be pretty good (could pass to other people, etc). I had a friend in HS who wanted to be a circus performer and she taught me. People are always surprised when they see me do it for some reason.

3. I own so many pairs of shoes, my DH has tried to create a "one in one out" rule, but I keep managing to find exceptions to the rule. The strange part is, I hate purses. Shoes and purses seem to go together, but not for me! I can't seem to explain to DH why there is a need for black open toe flats, black open toe heels, black closed toe flats, black closed toe heels, and maybe a few other black shoes for good measure. Repeat entire process in brown and he just doesn't understand!

4. I have pretty close to a photographic memory. When I was in school, I just read and re-read my notes and my book and when it was time for an exam, I pretty much just pictured where on the page the answer was. This skill is a big part of the reason I graduated college with a 3.98! It's difficult, though, because I remember things about people and then I feel uncomfortable mentioning them years later, because I don't want them to think I'm weird or creepy. I'm honestly not, I just have a frighteningly good memory.

5. I used to be the pickiest eater on the planet and now I love most things. I don't eat much beef, because it doesn't settle well with me (and I'm a total freak and I worry about Mad Cow), but I love pretty much any ethnic food. The funny thing is, I have no idea where I came from. None of my parents/step parents are very adventurous. I also eat so differently from my parents, it's almost comical.

6. I can't wait to bring home siblings for DS, because I'm a really crappy playmate! I'm great with puzzles, blocks, games, etc, but with the creative play - I'm awful! DS will hand me a dump truck and I just have no idea what to do with it. I think it's because I was an only child until Jr. High. I feel bad for him, but I just dont' know how to play. My husband thinks that is so strange!

Well, that's it, I think! It was surprisingly difficult to come up with this list!!!

Okay, here are the three people I'm linking:

Becki - because she's a good friend and she needs lots of positive thoughts right now!

Debbie - because she is always so supportive and fantastic about posting on here, and I appreciate her comments so much!

Heidi - because I enjoy reading her blog, and it's been too long without an update!
:)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You rock sweetie!! Everyone else I tagged ignored me.

I would not guess you could juggle... I cannot so I am quite jealous! I can do great with 2 things. :)

Deb said...

Thanks for the tag. Fun to learn new things about you.