Monday, January 21, 2008

January 21

Well, I'm starting to get sort of down about all of this. I know we haven't been waiting long, but it looks like we may be in for the long haul. We've only been waiting since October, and we had a declined referral in December, but they told us MAYBE March or April, that's no guarantee. It could really be a while. I know in the grand scheme of things, that still not long, but it's still just longer than I had anticipated and it's going to be at the very outside edge (or beyond) where they told us when we started. I'm just bummed. I know that all of these things are leading us to the children we're meant to have, but I so wanted to be one of those "in and out" families. Not gonna happen. So, now I need some things to keep myself busy, and sane. Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Deb said...

Sorry the wait is longer than you had hoped.
Have you started to think about lifebooks? Can't really start on them but you can plan and buy supplies.
Pick up a hobby if you don't already have one.
Read some novels.
Enjoy the time you have with your husband and son. You'll never get these months of just the 3 of you back. Believe me I know how hard it is to just let go and keep living, but it can be done.

Here's a link to a post with a bunch of tips. http://crownedwithlaurel.blogspot.com/2007/03/what-can-we-do-while-were-waitinglots.html

Anonymous said...

Well I don't know if this helps or not - we were told at one point that it would probably be another 4 or 5 months at least for our referral - we got it a few weeks later...and traveled 4 days later...

so keep yourself/mind busy - reading up on institutional issues in kids, line up a good ia pediatrician, do the lifebook, pick out adoption announcements...

Plan for March or April and we will hope it's sooner!

Jenn said...

You never know when it's going to happen... so hang in there! Do you sew? I did a TON of sewing projects while we were waiting because it was something that I always wanted to learn how to do.

You have your little man to keep you busy!! :)

By the way, I tagged you on my blog!!