Friday, June 29, 2007

June 29

I had my individual meeting with our social worker today. I thought it went well. I didn't feel nervous or awkward at all, and I was very open about my family life. I actually thought it was nice. We have an end date - July 11th! That's our final homestudy visit. She is having surgery on the 20th and wants it all wrapped up beforethen. Sounds good to us! We have a week off because she's on vacation next week, but then we have DH's meeting the following Tuesday and the home visit on the Wednesday. Whew!

The other piece of news is that my child abuse check came back, so that's GREAT. I was afraid it would take ages, but it only took a week. DH turned his in a day after I did, so his will probably be in soon. Our social worker thinks the CORI form should be in soon, so my fears about this stuff holding us up will hopefully be unfounded. Now, if we could all saya little prayer that the INS form won't take too long. that's often teh BIG hangup. We've been told it's taking as little as three weeks, but I know it can take much, much longer sometimes.

We also wentyesterday to apply for DS's passport. That's exciting!
:)

2 comments:

Becki said...

I'm reading! I'm Reading! What a cool blog. I will check it often!!!! And way to get things sped right along!!!!!!! An amazing journey for sure! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!!!

Dianne said...

congrats on getting the process going! Sounds like you've gotten pretty far! I hope everything goes smoothly for you :)
good luck!
Dianne