Wednesday, June 27, 2007

June 27

Well, things do seem to be moving quickly! our social worker emailed today saying she had already completed several sections and expected to complete another by our next appt on Friday if I could just send her a bit of info! We're thrilled, but had a sudden realization that the one hang up may be the paperwork we sent into the state - the child abuse check and the CORI check. I don't know how long those typically take. That would suck to be done except for that!

In other news, I called the Russia program lady and we're sending our application in, so it's official - WE'RE GOING TO RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cool thing is, she told us that she wants to basically have our entire dossier completed by the timethe homestudy is done so all we have to do is wait for our INS form and then Neer will be on his way to Russia to drop off our paperwork. Holy crap! This is wild! We'll see what tomorrow brings! Seems there's a new piece of our adventure every day!

Hey, if anyone actually reads this - leave a comment. I'd love to know if I'mtalking to myself ;)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Melissa, I've been reading along since you posted the link! I'm so excited for you- things are moving along so quickly!

Unknown said...

I am reading too. This is so very exciting!